Monday, March 19, 2007

"I miss myself"

While putting Reece to sleep a few night ago he was saying that he wished he could be bigger like me and daddy...I told him that I like him just the size he is now and that in fact I miss my little baby and he replied with "I miss myself too". I was amazed that a three year old could have such insight because there have been many instances when "I miss myself " too. Can you relate? Sometimes when we get busy or overwhelmed it seems we just want to reconnect to ourselves so we do things to get back in sync with friends, family and spouses. It's not that I don't love and appreciate what I am or have now it just it easy to forget about who we are and what our mission is. So the next time you are missing yourself take a few moments to rejuvenate and fine you again...I'll bet you smile.

No comments: