Monday, January 21, 2008

Gotta love a three dayer



Just love that extra day on a long weekend. Started on Sat morning with Golf lessons for the boys...with the all the fog and dew in the air it felt as if we were in Scotland. They had a great time. Then we came back home and did some much needed house cleaning. Our Niece and her husband came over from Cocoa Beach and we went Gecko's (just in time for the wonderful downpour) for some pool and a bite. Sunday afternoon I caught up with the girls at K2...was not in a scrap mood so I managed to get some organizing done before the Tinkering Ink class started. Rick took the boys to Oscar Scherer for a cookout and we all got home about the same time



Today was a bonus day so we headed to Myakka State park for some hiking and wildlife adventures. Official count: Ratsnake 1, Hawk 1, Alligator 1 (that was strange) Wild hogs 6, Buzzards 2 hundred ++++...seems the lake suffered from low water level that resulted in oxygen levels to decline and combined with the cold temps a lot of fish died, so there were all these little fish carcases cleaned to the bone on the bank of the lake and more buzzards than I have ever seen...I told the boys not to stand still too long (ha,ha). We had a great time and managed to snap a few shots to share. How was your weekend???? Sorry for the twisted pics...I can't figure how to rotate in Blogger

2 comments:

mama j said...

I am sooooooooooo impressed your husband would take the boys to OS and do a cookout ALONE! My husband would buy chik 'fila on the way!! LOL!

I turn my photos, in my PC (right click and choose counter or clockwise) before downloading to blogger. Just a little OCD thing of mine--as soon as I download them, I rotate them! LOL!

LOVE the photos--and wow-what a great day to see wildlife--was it smelly? We haven't been out there in sometime-the boys would LOVE it now! (Especially since they can both WALK and not need strollers, etc.)

Love reading your updates!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of the recent updates you blogger girl you! Ready for some more fat free fun? Let's go see 27 dresses while kids are in school. It will be fun!
cheers!