Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another week has come to an end and a few more school days until Houston is out for summer. Reece finished his last day of Pre-K on thurs. Hard to believe he will be 4 in a week. May has been a month of celebration. Mothers day (which my husband forgot), anniversary, 13 years on the 21st (don't think he will forget this) and Reece bd on the 27th. It's all flying by but I'm trying to capture as much as I can in photos to remember the special moments we share . Got invited to my first Bunko game last night...can't remember that last time I was with a bunch of screaming women. Had fun and would go again. I was asked to go back to one of my old jobs doing Hippotherapy and so I volunteered today just to get some hands on and meet the kids who are currently riding on Sat morning. This was the first time I have been around any children with special needs since Reece was born and I have to say it was very emotional for me. I guess it takes having one of your own to see how deeply your life is changed and I so admire the parents of these children bc for some of these kids there life will always be altered by their needs and some are here only for a short time yet the parents have the same pride, dreams and aspirations for their kids as I do. The kids and their families are truly an inspiration and I'm gad they let me be a part of their journey. Hope I can rise up to the challenge.

2 comments:

Patricia8 said...

As I said in the K2 comments - there's just no stopping you!! well done on another win - this is such a lovely lay out - love the muted colors you've used.
Patricia

Beth McCaa said...

Hi Charlene-

Great layout! I couldn't find a link to e-mail you so I had to post instead. Can you give me a call about those headphones and the listening program? 927-4768.

Thanks!
Beth McCaa
www.studiobimages.blogspot.com