Sunday, May 27, 2007

Proud Parents


Wow! what a week....This was Houston's last week of school and to say that I had a few "mommy" obligations would be an understatement. Rick and I were invited to attended the Fourth grade awards ceremony on Tues morning. As we sat in the audience the Assistant Principal begins with "Our first Creativity Award goes to a student who extends his love of learning beyond the classroom walls. With his vivid imagination" (at this point my husband whispers it's Houston...I wave him off as the entire Fourth grade is eligible) "he is able to add his own unique "twist" to every classroom project!" ( Rick "It has to be Houston...Me dagger eye glaze for him to be quiet) "He enthusiastically and openly shares his creativity with others. I am proud to present this creativity award to Houston *****s from Mrs. Tucker's class". Then Rick, so loud that people turn to look..."I TOLD YOU IT WAS HIM"..me teary eyed jumps to my feet to give a standing ovation...you go son! He also went on to win awards in art and academic achievement as well as several class awards. Yes we are proud! We can only imagine what great things he will go on to accomplish but for this summer we will work on keeping his room tidy.

No comments: